Abby Richey’s Kale Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup tri-colored quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ T Dijon mustard
- ½ T honey
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ t ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale leaves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 T sunflower seeds
- 3 oz package reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.
Whisk together vinegar, garlic, mustard, honey, parsley and pepper in large salad bowl. Drizzle in olive oil slowly until completely combined.
In the same bowl, toss together kale, cranberries, sunflower seeds, feta and cooled quinoa until coated with dressing.
Chewy farro grains are delicious in this autumn-y salad. Recipe yields enough for dinner for 2 to 4 with some left for a couple of lunches. To do this, make the base with dressing, farro, and grilled veggies. Add fresh veggies to the base as you go.