Welcome to Health4U at Michigan State University
Health4U is focused on helping the MSU community explore the fundamentals of a health-promoting lifestyle. We provide access to high quality, evidence informed, and culturally conscious health education and support.
We offer health and wellness courses, coaching services and departmental services. On our website you will also find articles, resources, and recipes published by Health4U staff.
Our classes have resumed and will primarily be offered via Zoom. Please check for the most up-to-date class information at: https://health4u.msu.edu/courses.
Food & Nutrition Counseling Appointments
Food & Nutrition Counseling appointments continue to be available by telehealth videoconferencing, which is an encrypted platform that is completely confidential and HIPAA compliant. You’ll need the Zoom platform downloaded to your devices in order to participate in Telehealth videoconferencing. For information regarding Zoom, please visit https://msu.zoom.us/. If you need assistance with setting up a Zoom account, please contact the MSU IT Service Desk at 517-432-6200. Appointments are also now available in-person.
For an appointment to meet with our Health4U Nutritionist, please contact us by:
- Calling 517-353-2596, Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Emailing us at email@example.com. You are not required to email us from your MSU email address; please email us from the email address you are most comfortable with.
- The office is located in Room 110 Linton Hall at 479 West Circle Drive. Parking is available in the Grand River Parking Ramp across the street from Linton Hall.
Who Is Eligible?
MSU community members eligible for Health4U services include faculty, staff, graduate assistants, retirees, and spouses/partners of members in these groups.
View our Health4U Events Calendar to see what classes are being offered!
MSU Grief and Loss Support Group - 2023
Food and Nutrition Counseling - 2023
- January 11 (WLO) - Managing Stress at Work
- January 18 (H4U) - Cooking Demonstration: Soups
- February 1 (H4U) - Time Management
- February 8 (WLO) - TBD
- February 15 (H4U) - Cooking Demonstration
- February 22 (WLO) - Cardio Drumming
- March 1 (H4U) - TBD
- March 15 (H4U) - Cooking Demonstration
- March 22 (WLO) - Eco Therapy
- April 5 (H4U) - Shame Resilient Caregiving
- April 12 (WLO) - Art Therapy
- April 19 (H4U) - Cooking Demonstration with RISE
- April 26 (WLO) - TBD
Living the Daring Way
- January 10, 17, 24, 31
- February 7, 14, 21, 28
- March 7, 28
- April 4, 11
How do you want to show up, be seen, and live brave in your life?
Work a Desk Job? Watch Your Back: How to avoid pain and set yourself up for success
If you spend lots of time sitting at work, take steps to protect yourself from pain and discomfort with these practical tips
The weight is over: How to leave office ‘weight talk’ in the past
Return to the office with simple strategies to resist weight and body image concerns.
I AM A RUNNER!
In March 2020, as life started shutting down around us, I knew that my professional limits were about to be tested unlike anything previously.
Focused Eating in a World of Distraction
Finding a quiet moment in a world of technology is difficult. Distractions are at the touch of a button. Review Abby's suggestions to help you pay attention and enjoy your meals and snacks.
Rhubarb & Strawberry Crisp
Combine tart rhubarb with sweet strawberries, add a streusel topping, and bake until bubbly. Dessert doesn’t get easier—or more classic—than this. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You’re sure to get rave reviews!
Pecan and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Roasting amps up the flavor in everything including pecans. Chef Kurt's attention to detail takes a traditional chocolate chip cookie to another level of yum!