Braised Buffalo with Pan Sauce
- 2 lbs Bison
- Salt to taste
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 1 Carrot, large dice
- 1-2 Stalks Celery, large dice
- 1 Onion, large dice
- 4 oz. Tomato Paste
- 1 qt Beef Stock
- Wash & prepare produce as listed in ingredient details .
- Season and pan sear bison on stove top.
- Remove and transfer to roasting pan.
- In the same pan, sautee carrots until starting to brown at edges. Add onion & cook until browned. Finally, add celery and cook until translucent.
- Add tomato paste to vegetables, mix thoroughly and cook until fragrant.
- De-glaze pan with beef stock.
- Pour stock & veggie mixture over bison in roasting pan. Cover with parchment and foil.
- Place in 350 degree F oven for at least 4 hours or until fork tender.
- Remove meat from oven and allow to rest.
- Reserve liquid and reduce to rich tasting sauce on stove top.
- Serve as main dish to corn, beans & squash along with wild rice pilaf. Enjoy!
Chewy farro grains are delicious in this autumn-y salad. Recipe yields enough for dinner for 2 to 4 with some left for a couple of lunches. To do this, make the base with dressing, farro, and grilled veggies. Add fresh veggies to the base as you go.