- Ingredients & prep work for shrimp:
- Shrimp – ½ lb. – peeled, deveined, tail-off, cooked – if frozen, thaw
- Ingredients & prep work for salad:
- White Wine Vinegar – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice & Zest – 1 Lemon
- Lime Juice & Zest – 1 Lime
- Red Onion – 1 small – sliced thin
- Red Bell Pepper – 1 small – sliced thin
- Hot Chilies – to taste – 1 or 2 jalapeno/serrano/birds eye depending on preference
- Ginger – Fresh (thin strips) or Prepared (Grated) – 1 Tbsp.
- Ginger Beer/Ale – ¾ cup
- Mangoes – 2 each, peeled and diced (frozen is OK!)
- Cherry Tomatoes – 1 pint, halved
- Green Onion – 1 bunch, trimmed and sliced thin, reserve some for garnish
- Cilantro – 1 bunch, chopped, reserve some for garnish and entree
1. Gather all ingredients and prep as listed first.
2. Combine the Vinegar, Juices, Onions, Peppers, Chilies, and Ginger and Ginger Beer
3. Combine the Mangoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Green Onion, and Cilantro
4. Season both with salt and pepper.
5. Before serving, combine all three ingredients for about 15 minutes to marry.
6. Serve in small bowls, arranging shrimp, and garnishing with more scallions and cilantro