Vanilla espresso Energy Bites
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1-2 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. espresso powder
- Add oats, flax seed, and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup, espresso and vanilla in small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until softened.
- Stir the almond butter mixture with oat mixture until combined. The mixture will be thick. Shape into tablespoon-sized balls. Store in refrigerator.
Chewy farro grains are delicious in this autumn-y salad. Recipe yields enough for dinner for 2 to 4 with some left for a couple of lunches. To do this, make the base with dressing, farro, and grilled veggies. Add fresh veggies to the base as you go.