Wild Rice Pilaf
- 1/2 cup Wild Rice
- 1 Cup Hominy
- 1-2 Stalks Celery, small dice
- 1 large Carrot, small dice
- 1/2 Onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup Tart Cherries, dried
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- Salt to taste
- Wash & prepare vegetables as listed above .
- Sautee carrots in large sauce pan in oil until browned around edges. Add onion until browned and celery. Cook until translucent.
- Add tart cherries and wild rice and cook until fragrant.
- Add vegetable stock, season with salt to taste.
- Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat & fluff with fork.
- Serve with Braised Buffalo and enjoy!
Chewy farro grains are delicious in this autumn-y salad. Recipe yields enough for dinner for 2 to 4 with some left for a couple of lunches. To do this, make the base with dressing, farro, and grilled veggies. Add fresh veggies to the base as you go.