Grilled Peach & Blueberry Tart
- Ingredients and Prep Work for Tart Crust:
- • Canned Crescent Rolls – 1- 8 oz Can – Unrolled, seams pinched together to create one large rectangle, edges folded up to create “lip” – do this all on a new piece of foil.
- Ingredients and Prep Work for Fruit:
- • Ripe Peaches – Fresh or Canned – 1 ½ cups, Medium Dice
- • Blueberries – 1 ½ cups, rinsed and drained
- Ingredients and Prep Work for Cream Cheese Spread:
- • Cream Cheese – Softened – 8 oz. placed in medium bowl
- • Brown Sugar – ¼ cup – mix into cream cheese
- • Heavy Cream – ¼ cup – mix into above
- • Vanilla Extract – ½ tsp – optional
- • Egg – whisk first – mix into cream cheese mixture until smooth.
- • Spread this mixture onto tart crust. Top with Fruit. Keep in fridge until ready to bake.
- Ingredients and Prep Work for Yogurt Drizzle:
- • Vanilla Greek Style Yogurt – 1 5 oz. Container – add to small bowl
- • Cinnamon – ½ tsp – whisk into yogurt
- • Clove, Nutmeg – optional – pinch each – whisk into above
- • Ziploc Bag – 1 each – Add mixture – snip corner to drizzle on top of tart
- Ingredients to Top off the Finished Tart:
- • Prepared Granola – 1 ½ cups – reserved to sprinkle on top
- • Michigan Vanilla Ice Cream – 1 pint – 4 scoops – keep frozen
Grill and Plating Instructions:
1. Grill should still be on from the starter and entree. Grill tart at the same temperature. If possible, indirect heat will be helpful – set ½ of grill to hotter temperature than the side you set the tart on to bake. Looking to make the grill act as a 375°F oven.
2. Ensure all prep above is done.
3. Place tart on foil on the grill (lower temperature side, if possible). Close the lid. Check after a couple of minutes to ensure heat is hot enough to make dough cook, not burning the bottom, and not too low that the dough is “sweating.”
4. Keep lid closed. We’re using the grill like an oven right now. Let it do its thing.
5. After about 15-20 minutes, the tart should be baked and the filling set – should read 165 on a thermometer. Remove from the grill, let rest for a couple of minutes, slice into four servings.
6. To plate: Top with ice cream, drizzle with spiced yogurt, and sprinkle with granola.
Chewy farro grains are delicious in this autumn-y salad. Recipe yields enough for dinner for 2 to 4 with some left for a couple of lunches. To do this, make the base with dressing, farro, and grilled veggies. Add fresh veggies to the base as you go.