Lunch Salad - 3 Different Ways
- Salad base:
- • 8 mini cucumbers, sliced
- •3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- •2 Tbsp. Olive Oil 1
- •Tbsp. vinegar or your choice (red, white, balsamic)
- •1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- •salt & pepper to taste
- Extra Add-In Options:
- 1.Chickpeas, feta cheese & pita chips
- 2.Tuna, cooked barley & feta cheese
- 3.Hard-boiled egg, feta cheese & pita chips
- 4.Your choice!
Slice cucumbers into coins and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Chop basil (or scissor cut). Combine all vegetables in a large bowl.
In small bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar. Drizzle over salad. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper
Store in fridge for 3-5 days.
Select optional add-ins for a filling lunch salad.
Chewy farro grains are delicious in this autumn-y salad. Recipe yields enough for dinner for 2 to 4 with some left for a couple of lunches. To do this, make the base with dressing, farro, and grilled veggies. Add fresh veggies to the base as you go.