Vegetarian Taco Salad
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t coarse salt
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- 2 large, sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 t olive oil
- 3-4 c salad greens, chopped
- 1/2 c cilantro leaves
- 6-oz can Mexican corn, drained
- 1/2 c black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Jar of salsa and Ranch dressing
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In small bowl, combine all seasonings. Place diced sweet potato chunks on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil & sprinkle with seasonings. Mix until sweet potatoes are evenly coated with oil and spices. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender & crispy on the outside.
To make salad, place greens & cilantro in a large bowl or on a platter. Top with sweet potatoes, corn, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, cheese & tortilla chips.
Combine equal parts salsa and ranch salad dressing. Drizzle salad with fresh lime juice or salsa ranch dressing.
Chewy farro grains are delicious in this autumn-y salad. Recipe yields enough for dinner for 2 to 4 with some left for a couple of lunches. To do this, make the base with dressing, farro, and grilled veggies. Add fresh veggies to the base as you go.